How to do a Hebrew word study without knowing Hebrew|
Instructor: Jeff A. Benner
The Hebrew Bible (called the Tenack by Jews and the Old Testament by Christians) was written by Hebrews whose language and culture was very different from our own. A language is closely tied to the culture of those who speak the language. In the case of the Hebrews, who were a nomadic and agrarian people, their language was closely connected to that culture and lifestyle. When we read the Bible, our 20th Century culture and lifestyle will often influence how we interpret it, therefore it is essential that we read and study the Bible from their culture and perspective so that we can better understand the Bible.
When most people do a word study they will open up Strong's dictionary, look up the word they are studying, read that definition and then move on. But there is much more to a thorough study of a Hebrew word, which will open up a whole new world to the reader. This course will teach you how to dig deeper into the meanings of the words of the Bible to uncover the more in-depth understanding of the words in the Bible. Even if you do not know any Hebrew, the resources and tools available to you will provide you with a wealth of information.
In this course you will;
What is the target audience?
- Define Hebrew words based on their original cultural context
- Have a basic understanding of the philosophy and thought process of the Hebrew people allowing for proper Biblical interpretation.
- Use a Bible concordance and dictionary to define Hebrew words and roots.
- Use E-Sword to do an in-depth study of Hebrew words.
- Know how to use various Hebrew lexicons to do a study of Hebrew words and roots.
- Know how to navigate through a Hebrew-English interlinear Bible.
- Find the definition of a word based on the context of how it is used in the Bible.
- Have a digital library of free resources that will assist you in digging into the Hebrew language of the Bible.
The course includes;
- This course will interest anyone who desires to dig deeper into the meaning of the words in their Bible.
- This course is designed to be used by anyone, even if they have no prior knowledge or instruction in Hebrew.
- The methods demonstrated in this course will benefit both beginning and advanced students in Hebrew and Biblical Studies.
- This course focuses on Biblical Hebrew, the language of the Tanach (Old Testament).
- This course is not suited for Biblical Greek, the language of the New Testament.
- 50 lectures
- 3 hours of video
- Lifetime access
- Money back gaurentee
- Free preview
Enroll in the course
Now 75% Off!