How to do a Hebrew word study|
without knowing Hebrew
On-line Video Course
Instructor: Jeff A. Benner
The Hebrew Bible (called the Tenack by Jews and the Old Testament by Christians) was written by Hebrews whose language and culture was very different from our own. A language is closely tied to the culture of those who speak the language. In the case of the Hebrews, who were a nomadic and agrarian people, their language was closely connected to that culture and lifestyle. When we read the Bible, our 20th Century culture and lifestyle will often influence how we interpret it, therefore it is essential that we read and study the Bible from their culture and perspective so that we can better understand the Bible.
When most people do a word study they will open up Strong's dictionary, look up the word they are studying, read that definition and then move on. But there is much more to a thorough study of a Hebrew word, which will open up a whole new world to the reader. This course will teach you how to dig deeper into the meanings of the words of the Bible to uncover the more in-depth understanding of the words in the Bible. Even if you do not know any Hebrew, the resources and tools available to you will provide you with a wealth of information.
With this course, you will have the ability to go at your own pace, repeat lectures as often as necessary, access the course from any computer or device, download the lectures for viewing offline and have a lifetime access to the course and its resources.
In this course you will;
What is the target audience?
- Define Hebrew words based on their original cultural context
- Have a basic understanding of the philosophy and thought process of the Hebrew people allowing for proper Biblical interpretation.
- Use a Bible concordance and dictionary to define Hebrew words and roots.
- Use E-Sword to do an in-depth study of Hebrew words.
- Know how to use various Hebrew lexicons to do a study of Hebrew words and roots.
- Know how to navigate through a Hebrew-English interlinear Bible.
- Find the definition of a word based on the context of how it is used in the Bible.
- Have a digital library of free resources that will assist you in digging into the Hebrew language of the Bible.
The course includes;
- This course will interest anyone who desires to dig deeper into the meaning of the words in their Bible.
- This course is designed to be used by anyone, even if they have no prior knowledge or instruction in Hebrew.
- The methods demonstrated in this course will benefit both beginning and advanced students in Hebrew and Biblical Studies.
- This course focuses on Biblical Hebrew, the language of the Tanach (Old Testament).
- This course is not suited for Biblical Greek, the language of the New Testament.
- 50 lectures
- 3 hours of video
- Quizzes and Exercises
- Lifetime access
- Money back gaurentee
- Free preview
Enroll in the course
Now only $20!
A Few Reviews for this Course:
Simple and thorough guidelines, exactly what I was looking for. Best course so far in my hebrew research and great value also. My favorite part is the combination of visual effects and written text. Good job Jeff and Thank you . I also purchased about 10 of your ebooks. They are of great help for me. English is my 2nd language and there is nothing close to this course on ease of understanding. SHALOM! -Geo Ben
This is definatly the best way to gain an in depth understanding of what the scripture meant to its original hearers, there is nothing out there in the market place that is able to give shuch an in depth understanding of the original hebrew, and whats more the information you get is not available at any price any where this represents increadable value, this is a give away, you even get Jeff Benners Hebrew Lexicon for down load free. If you are at all interested in knowing what the Scripture realy means then this will represent the best you ever brought next to the Scriptures themselves. -Kenneth
Excellent . Every bible reading God believing christian should be aware of this hebrew word study. -Ferdinand Bester
This information is PRICELESS! I already own the lexicon written by the teacher. I have had it for almost ten years and it has really helped me understand a lot better the character of God. -Tammy Jo Vinson
I studied Biblical Hebrew for a couple of years and have never heard these things before. I absolutely love the comparison of the tent and the heavens and the easy way in which things are explained. It is also really helpful having sections broken down into short passages so that you can go over something again without any difficulty, especially trying to find your place again. Thank you Jeff for the opportunity to do this course - I look forward to hearing and learning more. I have now finished the course and would recommend it to anyone who wants to delve into Biblical hebrew. I didn't always find it easy but you just have to keep on going and you will get there. I have downloaded the course so that I can go over things again if I need to. Have fun! -Ellie Booth
Thank you Jeff Benner for all your hard work. You have obviously put countless hours into research and learning yourself. Thank you for pursuing the call on your life. This course is life changing especially in interpreting a more accurate way of reading the scriptures. I am looking forward to a lot more study and the scriptures coming alive and being able to help others. I highly recommend this course to be able to get a fuller understanding of the scriptures. Yahweh Bless you Jeff Benner thank you again. -Shannon Eades
I've tracked words through Strong's and looked at other verses to gather shades of meaning, but I am learning new methods. Also getting a glimpse of another cultures' thinking is fascinating. -Miri M